The purpose of this group is to educate and guide members in their search for unknown family members, both recent and in the more distant past, using both DNA and traditional genealogical research, utilizing:
• Instruction and advice for making contact with DNA matches
• Techniques and third-party tools for use with DNA
• Social media and online directories for finding living people
• Newspaper databases and other tools for traditional genealogy
• Mutual support network for those seeking birth families.
Note: This will NOT be a research service, but rather we will teach members to do the searching themselves.
You must be a member of The Villages Genealogical Society to participate in our meetings. If you are not a member but would like to be, visit the VGSFL Membership page on our website for information and to join online.